Monday, September 29, 2008

Post two...witty title to follow

Well, it appears that posting on my blog is going to be a sporadic activity.


I have continued stitching as much as I can. I have been working on three different projects.

First is Teresa Wentzler's Stroke of Midnight. I have been working on this for a very long time (3.5 years minimum). There have been times when I've put her down for at least 6 months, due to lack of interest. But in the past two months I have very engrossed in it, and I've made some good progress (the carpet underneath her dress and and the stonework in the foreground)


I have been working a little bit on trying to keep my stitching neater; I take more time to make sure that I don't split threads of previsous crosses. I've also been rail-roading, where you split the two threads that your working with with your needle so that the stitch sits a bit flatter. I think it's been working well, but neatness with this project is difficult as the stitching is so dense (thinking maybe I shouldn't have done it on 18ct aida).


One of the other ones I've been working on is Remembrance of Paris. This is a kit I bought off ebay.



I am working on this as a gift to my parents...they love paris. Hopefully they'll like this...they tend to be picky about what kind of designs they find not-too-twee. Oh well, if they don't like it, I will tell them to put it on the wall anyway :)

That's about all I have time to write. Bed beckons me (I have rediscovered the benefits of getting a good night's sleep, so as of 1 minute from now, I'll be asleep for 8 hours).

Bye x

1 comment:

Bex said...

Stunning work!!!! Where do I find those patterns because they are calling my name?!