Thursday, April 9, 2009

Plodding along

Hello to all.

Well, I am plodding along, as my title suggests. I am still working on my thesis. I am still looking forward to finish it (obviously), but I feel like I've stopped fighting with it so much. Either way, it's got to be done, so there's no point in hating all the time spent on it.

In the time that I have to spare I have been working on some round robin pieces (again, I won't post pictures until the whole round is complete. There's a total of 13 of us participating...that's 169 pieces! Massive!

I have also made some progress on Kitten Reflections. The backstitch looks so nice in this piece. And now the first smitten has a face. The colours are so good; I'm looking forward to getting back to it between round robins. Picture below.


In other news, a friend of mine has been working on a project of siamese kittens and has palmed it off to me as she's not really interested in cross stitch any more. Her progress is in the picture below:

I'm not sure if I'll actually work on this one, as I've actually already done the pattern up before (about 10 years ago). It is lovely, but I have so many other projects that I'm really keen to get into. I'll see how I feel once I've finished kitten reflections.


Hope everyone is well. Happy easter. I'm off to stick my face into some easter eggs :)

No comments: