Saturday, November 8, 2008

I should take some time to study...

Yes, I should take some time to study. But there are two major barriers: 1) I don't want to study. 2) I want to stitch! Oh life is difficult!!!

Oh well. This will be a short-ish post as I need to get to bed...I have to be up at an outrageously early hour to work at the gym tomorrow :(

Remembrance of Paris is coming along. It feels very slow. I am currently working on the white stitching and am getting pretty bored. I would like to have this done by the end of Nov, but it's a very busy month for me, so I'm not sure how I'll go. Picture below:

Hooray! No more half stitches. Although it's slow and tedious, I am liking the way it looks.

I have also done more work on my naughty puss cat for the round robin, but I won't post a picture of that yet. I am also working on a secret santa christmas ornament (a very little one), so no pictures of that either until it's been received.

Instead, I will share a photo of one of my previous completed projects. Mirabilia, Rose of Sharon:

I remember buy the chart just after I finished high school...I would have started her in 2002 and finished in 2004. I'm very proud of her and love the colours. Now I need to get off my arse and have her framed (either doing it myself, or batting my eyelids at my dad and having him do it...I refuse to pay for framing, at least until I have a solid job).

In reading other people's blogs I am now hugely keen to do another Mirabilia. I have Ashley's Roses and Shimmering Mermaid in my stash, but they will have to wait until I've cleared some of my WIPs.

That'll do for now. Enjoy your week ahead (just think, only 5 more days till the weekend!)

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Good progress on Paris. That Mirabilia is just so lovely.

Angela said...

You're making great progress on the Paris piece, I'm sure it'll be done quicker than you think.