Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nov begins (which means I will soon get older)

Here we go...

it has been a while since I posted. I suspect that the put it off as time spent posting is time away from stitch. Plus, I haven't set myself up to have other people read this yet...so perhaps that will motivate me a little more :) I'll start commenting on some other people's blogs (after all it's a reciprocal thing).
Anyhow, I have some progress reports, and I'll upload lots of pics in this post as I didn't include any last time.
Let's see. Stroke of Midnight has had very little attention the past month. This is because I have several other projects going which have due dates. But, there's been a little bit of change (although you have to squint to see it).

Sadly she's going to have to be put away until after christmas. I'll get her out again after that and will ignore everybody until I'm done.
Remembrance of Paris is going well. I was getting very sick of it for a while, but have made some nice progress today. I will post two pics because I have finished the Arc de Triomphe and the Eifell Tower and am currently working on the Sacre Coeur. I am doing a pretty good job of hiding this from my parents :P

This is the middle and right side completed. Below is the work I've been doing on the left.

The backstith really brings this piece together so I'm looking forward to getting to that on Sacre Coeur.

Now, I have also finished the koi fish, and turned them into a birthday card for my mum.

I am really pleased with how this turned out. I think the colours are beautiful. And I am quite proud of the card. I made it out of a manilla folder :) My mum was pleased to get the card and said that she would like to find a frame for it. This was nice as she's not always hugely supportive of my hobby (thinks it's a bit strange).
I have also started two other projects since my last posting (as if I don't have enough to do!).
When I finished the fish I started Kitten Reflections, a Dimensions petit pattern. This was going to be one I worked on when I'm in my room (I usually work on my stitching in the living room), but this will now be sidelined for a bit to make way for Paris and my other project (to be shown in a minute...

You can't really tell what this is from the picture, but it's the bottom corner of a lily pond. I'm looking forward to getting back to this.
Now, the other project I'm working on is a round robin...my first! I'm quite excited about it. I am participating with three other women, one in the UK and two in the Dominican Republic. My theme is going to be cats :) I have started on mine with one of the anchor cats. So far he just has a body, no head.


He's a cheeky little man :P I think it will be so exiting having people from around the world working on projects together. I have already selected my patterns for the other ladies' rounds!
In non-stitching news, I have almost finished my uni coursework. I have an essay to go...2,500 words of sheer tedium. Sadly I won't have my thesis and placements finished till next year, so I'm still a bit away from the end.
Also, it's my birthday soon!! Hooray. Only 12 days away and I will have acheived a quarter century...pretty impressive I think :) I am hoping to get some nice pressies (really they should call them present days!)
Anyway, I'll finish up this epic post. To anyone reading, thanks for having a look. Happy stitching! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging,
I do much like your fish birthday card you made for your mum,

All your other stitching is great too,

Take care

Ginnie said...

HI Imogen
thanks for visiting my blog - I am impressed with your stitching pieces, love that Paris one - have you been there? I will check back aften to see how things are going.

Angela said...

Hi Imogen, I have really enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing the progress of your projects. I lve the Koi cad you made it's beautiful! I hope you get your Paris project stitched up in time!