Monday, November 17, 2008

Older and tireder

It was my birthday on Friday...hooray I love birthdays. I got a lovely necklace, Grey's Anatomy Season 4 on DVD, and lovely bowl and a massage. Brilliant! However, I am now excruciatingly tired...I had a pretty big weekend...went out on Fri and Sat nights, had an aerobics workshop on Sunday, had to prepare a presentation for a conference next week. Too much. Now that I'm 25 I can't quite handle as much...whinge whinge.


But, beside that I have done a bit of stitching.

I am currently participating in a Christmas round robin and secret santa. I finished my Secret Santa piece, but have decided not to show it on here for the moment. I will wait till I send it out. Needless to say, I am incredibly proud of myself. I sewed my little christmassy piece into an ornament and made and attached my own cording! I'm beaming :)
I have done a bit more work on my puss cat for my other round robin. He is below.


Isn't he cheeky!? Loving him to bits :) Should finish him in the not too distant future, then I can get back to Stroke of Midnight...I am actually missing her and very much want her finished.

Paris is also coming along. I'm a little bit nervous that I won't get it done it time...but I must remember Christmas is still a good 5 weeks away.

This probably doesn't actually look that different from my last post. There would be more white, and more backstitch. Looking forward to getting this done so I don't have to work on things in secret (I think it also means that I am spending more time on this when I should be studying...naughty).

I have also done a bit of spending. I bought '501 Cross stitch designs' by Sam Hawkins. I used to borrow it from the library when I was a teen. I feel all nostalgic now owning. Plus it will be great for my Christmas round robin :)


I also bought the lastest editions (available in Australia) of Cross Stitch Gold and Cross Stitch Collection. I have a problem. As we have all thought at some point..."when will I ever have time to work on all these?!?!"


Anyway. That's probably about it. Thanks so much to those who have read and commented on my blog. Keeps me motivated. Have a lovely week! :)

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

Happy belated birthday..... Love the kitty he is adorable!

Unknown said...

happy belated birthday! And thanks for visiting my blog.
Love the kitty!

Angela said...

Belated birthday greetings! I'm only just now catching up on my blog reading.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get your Paris piece finished on time.